- MP 62.0 (NORTH READING)
- Evidence indicates probable site of a new interlocking here.
- New yard track and switch re-alignments completed.
- Two new sidings under construction on the opposite station platform side for engine holding and run around.
- Switch circuit controllers on all switches are in place.
- Old Green & Yellow MBS Station Sign (“N. READING”) has been taken up and moved across the main to the opposite track side across from where it was originally placed. And, now just leans up against a new double door relay box. Probably in advance of new Cabin prep work.
- No new cabin or signal equipment or up powered switches yet, probably waiting on finalization of new track work here.
|MP 62 NORTH READING – Looking south towards CP BELT|
- MP 63.8 (RICK)
- New single switch Interlocking here.
- Will control movements into and out of the north side NORTH READING yard.
- No name plate on the new cabin. Likely called RICK because the old MBS YL Sign at MP 64 says RICK. And, this new interlocking just 0.2 miles to the south will supplant it.
- Triple head tri-light 3-3-3 absolute home signal for southbound main.
- Dual head tri-light 3-2 absolute home signal for northbound main.
- Yard lead siding northbound has conventional 3 light dwarf.
|MP 63.8 RICK - Ground Level. Looking north towards Port Clinton.|
|MP 63.8 RICK – Overhead shot. Looking north towards Leesport and Port Clinton.|
- MP 65.6 (DUAL MAST ABS)
- Southbound dual head tri-light 3-3 serves as distant approach signal for RICK.
- Northbound dual head tri-light 3-3 serves as distant approach signal to MOHRSVILLE for now, perhaps DAUBERVILLE later.
- This emplacement is equi distant between RICK and DAUBERVILLE. And, could be a telling key indicator of what ultimately happens at DAUBERVILLE. But, presently, there is no new signal equipment at DAUBERVILLE while there is at MOHRSVILLE which is 1.2 miles further to the north. But, MOHRSVILLE is a strange animal now.
|MP 65.6 DUAL MAST ABS - Looking North, Leesport Grade Crossing is visible in the far distance.|
- MP 67.4 (DAUBERVILLE)
- Presently, no new signal equipment in place. However, recent white paint lines with arrows and numbers now run across the grade crossing blacktop foretelling future cabling activity.
- Logical site for a new interlocking connecting the other end of the MOHRSVILLE sidings.
- Track work on the 1.1 mile new siding from MOHRSVILLE was stopped cold here quite some time ago right before the creek bridge about 100 yards north of the grade crossing. Suspect creek bridge fixes or replacement is the impediment issue here which may take some time to resolve.
- Additional new track work would be needed here including a 75 yard long track siding extension over the bridge to or beyond the grade crossing, integration of a powered interfacing switch to the main and grade crossing equipment clearance modifications.
- It’s wait and see for now.
|MP 67.4 DAUBERVILLE – Probable passing siding Integration from MOHRSVILLE 1.2 miles to the north is pending. Likely MOW bridge issue then new track work needed before switch and signaling work.|