Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

C&O Main Line Re-Signaling Plan

Well the bad news is in and if you have plans to ride the Cardinal do it now because most of the remaining C&O signaling on the main line will be gone by the end of next year.  Already the signaling has been moving east from Montgomery, but I just learned that already the old signals have been removed between OX Cabin and Clifton Forge on the east slope of the Allegheny slope.  Next year the plan is to fully denude everything between there and Hinton including White Sulfur Springs and the summit at Tuckahoe.  Hopefully there will be something left when I ride the dome car on the Cardinal next season .  I'm feeling really bad that I didn't seize the opportunity this year, although I do have two surveys of the signaling on the line of marginal quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment