Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Photo Archive is Back (For Now)

I just wanted everyone to know that I used some of my corona virus time to get the remaining years of my photos archive back up where it can be accessed in an convenient manner.  For those of you who don't know in 2017 I lost both of my conventional web hosts and was forced to fall back on Google for my photos and nothing for my other content.  In 2019 Eric at RedOverYellow.Com was generous enough to provide some generic file storage and like I just managed to finish all of the re-uploading.

But wait, there's more!  I am also in the process of fixing the dead links in this blog and have so far gotten up through 2014 (which is pretty good since the newer posts don't suffer from as many broken links ;-) ).  Specifically this includes a lot of PDF documentation like employee timetables, builtin orders and rulebooks. 

Please take note that due to some limitations on the hosting I have to eliminate most of the photo specific HTML landing pages.  Also, due to a variety of reasons such as age or just me loosing the data, that some links simply cannot be restored.  In these cases I will leave the links dead on the page just so people are aware that the information used to exist and now no longer does.

I am still looking for additional mirrors, especially from museums or long running institutions.  I have leaned the hard way that the internet does not last forever, so the best I can do is try and find a home for my archive that can stand the test of time.

4 comments:

  1. In this directory: https://www.redoveryellow.com/position-light/Temp/Pittsburgh-Line-Talk/

    The files with the (2006-04-01) in the name are returning a:

    www.redoveryellow.com redirected you too many times.

    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

    Maybe it's the parentheses in the name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not really official content. Just a parking space for an NRHS presentation I was giving. I'll try and fix it at some point.

      Delete
  2. Not sure if you've seen this one. The guy obviously likes position light signals and towers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iysxCNg5f0Y

    Only 3 months old.

    Might be the same guy who did this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVbXFSejg4c&t=1s

    ReplyDelete