Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2018

NS Pittsburgh Line Cut Over This Weekend?

The scuttlebutt is that NS will be cutting over the new signaling and attendant Rule 562 operation on the Pittsburgh Line between Harrisburg and...somewhere.  There are two 12 hour outages scheduled for September 9th and 10th, or so I have heard.  However when I visited in person over Labour Day the new signal bridges at CP-BANKS and CP-HARRIS were still sitting trackside there I had seen them over a year ago. 

File Photo
Because the BANKS to HARRIS segment started being worked on after the CP-CANNON to CP-ANTIS segment, I suspect that the Middle Division is what will be cut over with the Harrisburg island to follow and the Altoona to Pittsburgh portion coming after that.  No matter what is happening, get your photos in ASAP. Tune back because I have some feelers out and hope to have the exact information about what is being cut over in a few days.


Also in other news NS is also planning to do some Chicago Line re-signaling sometime in October.


1 comment:

  1. I just read something from an NS employee who said NS released bulletins yesterday. On September 9 CP Harrisburg will be cut over. On September 10th CP's HIP,Mary, Rockville, and Wye cut over, basically the core of the Harrisburg Terminal desk. I was hoping that at least Banks would have been included with radio code line so that all movements to/from the Middle Division could me tracked, but not to be :(. Perhaps sometime later.

    ReplyDelete