Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Presenting PRR Main Line Towers in the 21st Century

Well, once again I put my hand up to do a program for an NRHS Chapter meeting and since it was for Philly Chapter instead of West Jersey I was able to partly re-cycle my 2008 presentation on Pennsylvania Railroad Interlocking towers on Amtrak's Harrisburg Line.  Of course back in 2008 ZOO, OVERBROOK, PAOLI, THORN, PARK, LEAMAN, CORK and STATE was not only open, but relatively intact.  Fast forward 14 years and only THORN, PAOLI, OVERBROOK and ZOO remain with the first two clearly on their way out. 

 My plan was to refresh the presentation with the updates and refreshed photographic content (including from my 2019 THORN visit).  The reality was that the quality of my 2008-edited photos was woefully inadequate and it took me a good 5 hours to get everything up to snuff. To avoid any awkward dead air I preformed a two hour practice session on my live stream and that is what I am now able to present to you.  There are a few hiccups here and there, but overall I am happy with the result.

Ironically the live chapter presentation had to be split into two parts because a number of Philly chapter members take SEPTA to the meetings which limits the duration to an hour. 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment