Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2023

Farewell to a Fellow Fanatic

A little while ago I learned that Robert L. Atkison, a Pittsburgh area native that I had run into a couple of times at a friend's BBQ event had passed away at the age of 61. I had known that he was interested in some rail topics, but was actually surprised to learn from his obituary that he was a "rail fanatic". The reason he is getting a shout out here on my signaling blog is because he always went by Brady, not Robert. This didn't click until I saw a shared photo of his work van.

If you see on the door he has a PRR style station sign for BRADY tower, located on the Allegheny River near East Brady, PA.

BRADY tower has actually come up in a previous article on US&S CTC using coded track circuits and I had visited the site (now a rail trail) back in 2021. Anyway, this just goes to show how people can have hidden depths that might actually be staring you in the face. I'm sorry I never got to talk towers with Robert/Brady, however we did have a bunch of conversations on other fun topics. I'll make a point to get back to the BRADY tower location and put down something in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment