Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2022

The Has-Been Returns

About a decade ago a superb signaling related blog run by a retired US&S signal engineer came to my attention.Titled The Has Been, the site was self-hosted and used dynamic IP address services making it almost completely invisible to the wide world of Google searching. Unfortunately, after a few months it made a switch to a new dynamic DNS service and because I was not in "the loop" the site effectivly went poof.

Well thanks to some new friends I have been made aware that the site still exists, obtained a stable DNS entry and has been updating regularly over the past decade. The site is still not searchable on any public search service and has several other internal features to prevent automated scraping. However it does contain a keyword search and an archive that is served up by calendar month. I figure I am going to have my hands full catching up on all of the great signaling content I have missed. Anyway the current URL is thehasbeen.org:9090, enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment