Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2021

P&LE Tower Update - CP-3Y Demolished

 A couple years ago I posted a piece on how to use Google Street View to check on the status of surviving interlocking towers.  At the time I determined that the former PRR tower BECK and the former P&LE tower CP-3 had both been demolished, while the P&LE tower CP-3Y was still standing. At the time I was using the latest Street View image from July 2016, which showed the existence of CP-3Y.

However what i did not know that was a new set of images from August 2018 were still in the pipeline and would have revealed that CP-3Y had indeed been demolished in the intervening time period. I believe this would eliminate the last standing classic style P&LE interlocking tower.

Just goes to show that time doesn't stand still and just because a tower is here today or on streetview today does not mean it will be there tomorrow so stay alert and remember to check back on a regular basis. 

4 comments:

  1. There is another tower, hidden in the trees at the former MONTOUR JUNCTION interlocking in Coraopolis. There is a network of ATV trails that lead to it if you park at the new soccer field complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked all over on the Google resources and as far as I can tell CP-10 has been demolished.

      Delete
    2. The most recent photo I have of said tower is April of 2020. If it has been demolished, it was very recently.

      Delete
    3. Montour Jct tower is still extant, currently very hidden in trees. I have a couple photos I took back in May of this year. Will send them along in a separate reply (have some processing work to do on them).

      Delete